The information architecture (or menu structure) forms the skeleton of a developed system.
- list categories of users = personas,
- analyze user tasks and list
- all use cases,
- map use cases to personas,
- write names for the menu items using users language,
- conduct card-sorting session with representative users,
- create menu structure proposal based on card-sorting results,
- evaluate (make prototype, ask users to find a specific item) and improve.
An information (or screens) flow structure that could be presented as hierarchical tree or a flow-chart.